Imagine the scent of Provence… as you wander through the many local bastides, castles, churches and the breathtaking villages perched up high on their rocky peaks. Discover the aromatic effects of the market in Uzes, the historical beauty of the Pont du Gard, cinema and theatre in Avignon or the opera at the ancient amphitheatre ~ Theatre Antique d’Orange ~ in Orange.
Situated in the département Gard (30), in between Provence and Cévennes, ImagineFrance is 2 km from Goudargues, a small town with all the facilities, called “Little Venice”.
- 4 km from ImagineFrance is a supermarket (Intermarche).
- 5 km: a beautiful village Cornillon, with great views over the Cèze valley.
- 5 km on foot (10 km by car), La Roque-sur-Cèze, one of the most beautiful towns of the Gard, can be reached by foot leaving from ImagineFrance: cross the Cèze, climb the mountain, pass 2 km of garrigue, before reaching the magnificent natural phenomenon “les Cascades du Sautadet”.
- The Chartreuse de Valbonne abbey is at 6 km. This magnificent abbey can be visited, and homemade wine and products are available at the abbey store. From the Chartreuse, a nice walk leads to the Jardin Botanique.
- 20 km from ImagineFrance, Bagnols-Sur-Cèze is the nearest town, with a provençal market on Wednesday mornings, museums, a cinema, festivals and more …
- 25 km, Pont-St-Esprit, a small medieval town, with a market on Saturday mornings. Its clunisian sites are must-sees, as is the Museum of Sacred Art…
- Several Caves can be visited, the caves of Orgnac and the Grottes de la Salamandre at Mejannes-le Clap are the nearest, at less than 20 km.
- Avignon, famous for its Pont, the theatre festival in July Juillet, the Papal Palace, it’s cultural life in general, situated at only 40 km.
- Uzès, at 35 km, is a nice art town, with cobbled streets, magnificent houses, shops and a market on Saturday morning.
- Orange, 35 km, has two Roman monuments: the antique amphitheatre and the arch.
- Nîmes, préfecture of the Gard, is very much alive. It offers arenas, the Maison Carrée, Roman walls, the garden “Jardins de la Fontaine”, a welcoming and warm city.
- The Camargue and the sand beaches, at 90 km, treasures of beauty, white horses, black bulls (taureaux) and pink flamingo’s! Towns like Aigues-Mortes, Les Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer, Le Grau-du-Roi for its beaches, are definitely worth a visit!
- the Bambouseraie d’Anduze and the small train of the Cévennes (about 60 km).
- Vallon-Pont-d’Arc for a descend of the Ardèche river
- Arles ( about 80 km) for the cultural heritage.
For the children, possible discoveries :
- The Bonbon Museum (Uzès)
- Parc Amazonia (oquemaure, 35 km ),
- Aquatic space La Bouscarasse (Uzès),
- The caves in the region.
- the Crocodile Farm (Pierrelatte, 35 km ),